Fiancé(e) Visa Process

These are the steps you must follow in order to obtain the K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa:

Step 1: File the Petition

The United States citizen sponsor files the K-1 Fiance Visa petition with the USCIS by mailing the completed I-129F petition package along with a check to the Department of Homeland Security for $340.

Step 2: Petition Received

Two to three weeks after mailing your petition, you will receive a Notice of Action (NOA1) in the mail indicating the USCIS has received your K-1 Fiance visa petition. You do nothing at this step.

Step 3: Petition Approved

Between 4 and 6 months after mailing your K-1 Fiance Visa petition, you will receive a Notice of Action (NOA2) in the mail indicating the USCIS has approved your K-1 Fiance visa petition. You do nothing at this step.

Step 4: Case Sent to National Visa Center

The Service Center that handled your K-1 Fiance Visa (either Vermont or California) forwards your case to the State Department’s NVC. This will happen within two week of your approval. The NVC will run a security check on your fiance. You will not receive anything in the mail at this point. If you want to verify that the NVC has received you file, call them at 603-334-0700 or email them at For more information about the National Visa Center, check out the NVC website. You do nothing at this step.

Step 5: Your Case sent to the U.S. Embassy.

Within 4 weeks, if your finances security check comes back clean, your approved K-1 Fiance Visa petition will be routed to the Bureau of Consular Affairs. The Bureau of Consular Affairs will send your file to the U.S. Embassy in your fiance’s country via DHL. You do nothing at this step.

Step 6: The U.S. Embassy Sends Your Fiance a Package

About a week after receiving your K-1 Fiance Visa petition, the U.S. Embassy sends your fiance a letter with instructions for scheduling the medical exam and interview. You (the U.S. citizen) do not have to attend the embassy interview.

Step 7: Your Fiance Gathers Documents for the Embassy.

The U.S. Embassy will instruct your fiance to return some of the documents immediately. Other documents will be kept until the interview. C&G will assist your fiance in completing this paperwork.

Step 8: The Medical Exam

Your fiance must have a medical exam. The package sent to your fiance by the U.S. Embassy will explain how to schedule the medical exam. You must pay a fee for the medical exam. The fee is usually paid in the local currency and varies from $65 to $200 depending on the location. You (the U.S. citizen) do nothing at this step. This fee can’t be paid from the United States.

Step 9: The Embassy Interview

Your fiance must attend an interview at the U.S. Embassy. All applicants must bring their passport, including children of all ages. If children are joining on a K-2 visa, they must also attend the interview. The package sent to your fiance by the U.S. Embassy will explain how to schedule the interview. The U.S. citizen sponsor is not required to attend the interview. However, the sponsor is allowed and encouraged to attend in some countries while other countries will not allow the U.S. citizen to attend. You must pay a fee to the embassy for the interview.

Step 10: The K-1 Fiance Visa Issued

Your fiance may be able to pick up the actual visa the same day. However, there will usually be a wait of up to one week. The visa will be delivered via courier. The actual K-1 Fiance Visa is a self-adhesive decal that is placed in the beneficiaries’ passport. At this point you can purchase your fiance’s airline tickets for travel to the United States.

Step 11: The Fiance Enters the United States

Your fiance has 6 months to use the K-1 Fiance Visa to enter the United States. He/She will be given a package of documents by the U.S. Embassy which she/he will surrender at the Point of Entry (POE) into the United States. The sponsor does not need to travel with the beneficiary when the beneficiary travels to the United States.

Step 12: The Wedding

You must marry your fiance within 90 days of entry into the United States. If you do not get married your fiance must leave the United States. The 90 day clock starts on the date stamped on the I-94, issued at the Point of Entry. The K-1 Fiance Visa beneficiary can only marry the person who submitted the K-1 Fiance Visa petition. Eventually the alien must file an Adjustment of Status petition to receive the Green Card. There is no deadline for filing the Adjustment of Status and it does not need to be filed within 90 days of arrival. However, the alien will not be able to work or re-enter the United States before the Adjustment of Status is filed.

Here at US-Immigration services we can assist you throughout all the steps, so you don’t have to worry about anything at all. 

Just call us now at 1-571-426-3562 for more information.

Why choosing

us immigration services lowest price

Lowest Price Guarantee

We save you up to 70% in service fees compared to your local immigration office attorney. Since we do not rent any office space or hire lawyers, we can save money and pass those savings to you!

us immigration services lowest price

You Just Sign We Take Care Everything

We take care of everything for you. From beginning to end you don’t have to worry about the tedious paperwork, we do it for you.

us immigration services lowest price

Experts will clarify all your doubts anytime

We assign you a personal immigration consultant who will be the same person doing your case from beginning to end! A real human being you can call anytime directly for any question or concern you might have.

us immigration services lowest price

Our experience at your disposal

We have worked on cases for the past 8 years with nearly 100% approval rate.

James Chahley

US-Immigration made a lot of sense to me considering the time and effort I would have to put to understand the process to submit the visa application for my wife. I wanted her here in America as soon as possible. The team at US-Immigration made it happen in just a few months at a fair […]…Read more

Miguel Díaz

Great service from beginning to end. They don’t cost nearly as much as layers, and their service is even better. They asked me all the necessary questions, and processed my case really fast. Now I have my loved ones here in the U.S.…Read more

David Mendoza

I wanted to go through the process of naturalization by myself, and the more I read about it, the more I found it difficult. I thought about hiring a lawyer, but their prices were absolutely overpriced. Luckily I found the guys at US-Immigration, and not only did they charge me a fraction of the lawyer’s […]…Read more

>> Read all testimonials

So, did you already make up your mind?

“At US immigration Services, we work with you from beginning to end, we verify all the information is correct so that your application doesn’t suffer from any delays. And we do it all saving you hundreds of dollars. Give us a call, the consultation is free!.”